Sunday, January 25, 2009

Spain

Hola everyone!
I am currently in Malaga Spain at the YWAM base (for North Africa). It’s a
really sweet villa overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. It’s extremely hot here and
there is no air conditioning so we are sweating it out and enjoying our siesta
times (in Spain and Morocco the time from 12-4 is “Rest time” because it’s too
hot to work or really do anything!).

The last few weeks have been sweet but challenging. My time in the wilderness
trekking through the San Bernardino Mountains was a real adventure! We went 7
days without a shower or a toilet!!! My solo time was so sweet, 24 hours with
the Lord and the beautiful view of the mountains in all directions and the stars
at night were breathtaking. Creation manifests His glory from the rocks
formations to the stars! The Lord spoke much to me in that time and it was a
nice to rest after the four days of hiking up the mountain. My team did great,
it was a great time to get to know each other better and learn how to bear one
another's burdens on such a rough road! The Lord is so faithful and gave each one of us the strength to carry
on and encourage each other though it sometimes seemed impossible!
From the mountains we left straight to Pine Summit Retreat Center (in the Big
Bear Mountains) where we were welcomed by clean beds, showers, toilets and real
food! I don´t think I have ever been so excited to see a bathroom in my life!
That Sunday began our lecture phase and the second part of our training. We had
a week of worship and devos, teaching and times of waiting on the Lord as a
family! The teaching covered everything from cultural adaptation to spiritual
warfare to hearing the voice of the Lord! A man from India named Jesus came and
taught a three day series on “Hearing the Voice of God”. He is the brother of
Joy (who is Indian and is married to Mark, the co-founder of SEND). Jesus was so
encouraging and really equipped us in this area…learning how to discern the Lord´
s voice, for our lives and for others as well! Jesus encouraged me greatly with
some things that the Lord had placed on his heart to share with me about this next
season of my life and Paul´s as well! SO Sweet!

From Pine Summit the Israel and Morocco teams departed to Murrieta to stay the
last day in the states at Rich´s house…a guy from the Israel team. That last
night we all hung out, ran some errands and had our final Mexican dinner
followed by frozen yogurt before our early departure for the airport at 3am!
This is one of the nights I will for sure remember for the rest of my life!
After we returned back from our last dinner at Alberto´s I was laying outside on
the driveway in front of Rich´s house on the phone with Paul…thinking that this
would be our last conversation in the states! And the next thing I knew Paul was
sitting right beside me!!! I seriously thought that I was seeing things! (I
actually smacked him just to make sure he was real!) We talked for a few minutes
and then he asked me to close my eyes…when I opened them there was this
beautiful ring in this little black box! I was so shocked…I don’t even know what I said! We had agreed earlier in the summer
that he wasn’t going
to get me ring and I was totally fine with it and everything. First I was so
shocked to see Paul…and then a ring too! It was a sweet last to share together
and Paul saw me off. I feel so overwhelmingly blessed by this wonderful man the
Lord has placed in my life I can hardly believe it!!!
So here I sit…with new engagement ring on my hand…sweating from the heat of a
Spanish summer, just now about recovered from our 33hour trip to get to the
base! I am so looking forward to what lies ahead in the land of Morocco and to
what the Lord has in store over these next few months!
Thank you all for you love, prayers and support! I am truly blessed to have such
a family in Christ supporting me in following Him!!!

Much love,
Becca