Monday, January 26, 2009

Agadir

Salam,


I just thought I would give you all a short update! We are currently in Agadir which is a coastal city in the south of Morocco, just an hour or so from the Sahara Desert. We arrived here a little under three weeks ago after a long grueling journey from Spain (18+ hours of travel on just about every means of transportation!)

Us girls are staying with two of the teachers from the English school, Ad. (age 70) and Am. (age 22). They are so sweet and we have been really enjoying our time with these ladies! The guys are staying about a mile away from us house sitting for a worker here in Agadir.

Our classes have been going very good...we all sit in and help in different classes at different times during the week. I help out in Amelie's classes on Tuesday and Fridays nights. In our class there are about 12 students ranging in age from 12-30. It’s been fun getting to know them! I will be taking over for Amelie while she is out of town for about a week and Hailey will be taking over the Saturday class...please pray for us!

On Friday nights there is a cultural discussion time led by one of the Moroccan teachers. It is a time were the students can come and discuss with us "foreigners" the cultural differences between Morocco and the Western world. This includes topics of customs, traditions, holidays, politics, manners, stereotypes and most importantly religion and faith! Please be praying for our team and the workers who come out on Friday night to discuss these topics. Pray the Lord would give us clear powerful answers.

Overall things have slowed down in our schedule which leaves a lot of time to meet up with friends that we have met on the boardwalk and in our classes. Both the guys and us girls have made a handful of friendships over the past few weeks. Pray that the Lord gives us many, many opportunities to share His love with these precious people!

Well...I have to admit that I am pretty homesick right now. It's funny because this whole trip I have missed everyone a bunch but now as this season is coming to a close...I have no idea why, but I miss everyone 10 times more! I feel like the Lord has done so much in my heart and in the team...it truly is amazing! Still, I do believe I will be ready to come home in a few weeks. Communication with Paul, my family and friends has been so limited, it will be such a blessing to be able to share and communicate easily again...I am looking forward to that!

Thank you all so much for all your prayers, support, love and encouragement. Our team has been totally blessed by your faithfulness in prayer. I can't wait to come home and share all the stories of how the Lord has answered!

Know that you all are in our prayers as well and that I miss you all very much!!! May the Lord bless you and keep you....and make His face to shine upon you!

Hope you all have a sweet week in Him!


Ahava,
Rivka

...my Hebrew/Arabic name!